A large, privately-owned construction company in North Houston seeks a full-time Business Analyst to join their Corporate Finance Team. The Business Analyst will work alongside accounting, IT, and other departments to provide insight into operations and procedures. The main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, identifying and solving process and reporting gaps, and performing user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to communicate with both non-technical and highly technical users.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
- Identify process and risk gaps and use the resources to work with operations to suggest and assist in implementing solutions.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies.
- Staying current on the latest processes and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Perform requirements analysis.
- Effectively communicate your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Manage projects, develop project plans, and monitor performance.
- Update, implement, and maintain procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field or an MBA.
- Five years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Experience with dealership-type businesses.
- Experience with BI software.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Knowledgeable in SQL and Procede and TargIT a plus.
- Travel Requirements: 10-15%, as needed.
Job Category: Finance technology
Job Type: Business Analyst
Job Location: 77037