SUMMARY OF POSITION:
A publicly traded construction company located in Spring, TX is seeking a Business Development Manager to support their strategic growth plans across the US market. In this newly created role, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for maintaining and expanding current customer relationships, while fostering new relationships through market prospecting and delivering best-in-class customer service. The Business Development Manager can reside outside of Texas but will be expected to travel throughout the US market. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Identify new markets for developing new business and contacting potential customers.
- Attend national and regional networking events to keep current on industry/market trends, competitor strategy, and new opportunities to expand the business.
- Prepare customer quotations, negotiate pricing & terms, and prepare sales agreements in accordance with all company policies.
- Organize sales administration activities using project summaries, sales packages, presentations, quotation & pipeline tracking, customer satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Follow sales and rental contracts through to completion by overseeing timely delivery, set up, and execution according to agreed terms.
- Source third-party services as appropriate to assist in the supply of specific project requirements.
- Participate in preparing sales budgets, accurate forecasting, and sales projections each month.
- Collaborate with the sales, design, and manufacturing teams to meet customer product demands.
- Participate in value engineering activities and makes recommendations to improve the company’s position to supply competitive solutions to our customers.
- Respond timely to customer inquiries and provide resolution to any issues as required.
- Willingness to travel as business objectives required.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Highly self-motivated and accountable to succeed in meeting sales & earnings targets and goals
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate technical product knowledge to our customers
- Strong organizational skills to balance deadlines, on and off-site meetings, and keeping proposals and sales activities on track
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build and maintain high-quality internal and external relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication & negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirited
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and working knowledge of CRMs such as Salesforce
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- A minimum of 10 years of sales experience, preferably in the modular construction industry
Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
Company paid Life/AD&D /STD/LTD Plans
401(K) plan with Company match
Employee Share Purchase Program (ESPP) with Company match
Tuition Reimbursement Program