Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the segment and consolidated reporting process on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, including management of budget reporting. This role will serve as admin for the Company’s reporting tools, including Hubble and the company’s CPM tool, and will also be responsible for ensuring consistency of reporting and master data across segments. In addition to periodic reporting requirements, the Financial Reporting Manager will work closely with the corporate and operational accounting groups to support ad hoc and management reporting needs. This position is onsite.
- Design and produce a robust monthly internal financial reporting package and analysis for management
- Organize and assemble data to write reports and analyze pricing, costs, payroll, margin, and revenue
- Review financial results, variance analysis, and related explanations prepared by segments to ensure accuracy and ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and corporate policies
- Facilitate annual budgeting process and related reporting
- Provide support to segment operations for reporting requirements and ad hoc requests
- Coordinate with external auditors to provide necessary support for annual financial statement audit
- Function as admin for accounting and reporting tools, including JD Edwards, Hubble, and CPM tool
- Operate across business lines and functions with segment controllers and operations heads, legal, treasury, HR, and IT, among others
- Assist with ad hoc requests, reporting, analyses, internal controls, and special projects, including but not limited to the implementation of new business intelligence tools and ERP updates
- Assist with process improvement and optimization of JD Edwards/Oracle
- Have strong experience in working across multiple financial systems
- Demonstrate a strong ability to communicate areas of accounting with operations
- Show a commitment to safeguarding the assets of investors
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality for a private, closely held company
- Prefer proficiency or familiarity with JD Edwards, Hubble, Power BI, and CPMs
- Results-oriented with the ability to prioritize your workload while performing multiple tasks
- Detailed-oriented in the execution of work
- Adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate a high level of mental agility
- Strong business acumen and judgment and acute problem-solving skills
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and capable of utilizing Microsoft Word programs
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal skills), the ability to interact with all levels of management throughout the organization, and the initiative to get the job done
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, master’s degree is a plus
- CPA preferred, not required
- Big 4 accounting experience a bonus
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience
Monarch Talent Solutions is a values-driven boutique recruitment firm specializing in direct hire accounting, finance, and human resources positions throughout the metro Houston, TX, area. Positions include, but are not limited to, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Director of Accounting, VP of Accounting, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Finance Manager, FP&A Manager, Treasurer, Senior Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Director of Human Resources, and Human Resources Manager.
Founded in 2020, Monarch Talent Solutions is committed to helping clients and candidates with career opportunities by simply being relatable. Recruitment doesn’t need to be so transactional, and with our humanized approach and discipline, we are committed to redefining your recruitment experience with transparency, honesty, and integrity.
Stay current with the Houston job market, including career opportunities, market trends, job search tips, and more, by following Monarch on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monarch-talent-solutions-llc
At Monarch, we put humanity back into hiring.