An independent E&P company located close to CityCentre is looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to join their team on a direct-hire basis. The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for managing and preparing monthly management reports and financial statements. This role is newly created due to the overall growth of the company and will have one Senior Accountant report to them. The Financial Reporting Manager will directly report to the Corporate Controller.
- Build out processes and procedures for enhanced management reporting and internal cost analysis
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Partner with the Controller on special projects, complex accounting entries and acquisitions including onboarding assets and purchase price accounting
- Conduct variance analysis from budget and explain discrepancies with coordination from relevant operational departments
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of accounting and reporting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Support the monthly close process through the review of journal entries, reconciliations, accruals, hedging, debt entries, ARO costs, depletion calculations
- Coordinate and lead external audit
- 4 – 7 years of relevant work experience, oil and gas experience is preferred
- Experience with OGSys OnDemand is preferred
- Advanced MS Office Suite (Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, etc.,)
- Previous public accounting experience, highly desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of upstream oil and gas accounting
- Established knowledge of internal control concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related Business degree from an accredited four-year university or college
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), desired
Monarch Talent Solutions is a values-driven boutique recruitment firm specializing in direct hire accounting, finance, and human resources positions throughout the metro Houston, TX area. Positions include, but are not limited to, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Director of Accounting, VP of Accounting, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Finance Manager, FP&A Manager, Treasurer, Senior Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Director of Human Resources, and Human Resources Manager.
Founded in 2020, Monarch Talent Solutions is committed to helping both clients and candidates with career opportunities by simply being relatable. Recruitment doesn’t need to be so transactional and with our humanized approach and discipline, we are committed to redefining your recruitment experience with transparency, honesty, and integrity.
Stay current with the Houston job market including career opportunities, market trends, job search tips, and more by following Monarch on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monarch-talent-solutions-llc
At Monarch, we put humanity back into hiring.