A large, privately-owned construction company in North Houston is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join their team full-time. In this role, the Human Resources Manager will manage the daily HR functions, including administering pay, benefits, and leave and communicating company policies and procedures. The Human Resources Manager will oversee one HR Coordinator, work closely with the executive leadership team, and report directly to the Human Resources Director. This position does require quarterly travel to offsite locations through Texas and Louisiana.
- Support departments in the development and delivery of strategic HR plan to fit with the overall business direction
- Plan, monitor, and appraise HR activities by hearing and resolving employee issues, training managers to coach and discipline employees, and counseling employees and supervisors
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records
- Assist the Recruiting department efforts, including orientation and training programs
- Manage job postings, offer letters, and pre-employment screening
- Champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role concerning the overall vision
- Process and administer payroll for approximately 450 employees associated with the business unit
- Travel quarterly to offsite locations in Texas and Louisiana
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- SHRM, PHR Certification preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of human resource management experience
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now
- Multi-site experience, highly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of employment laws, HR policies, and systems
- Extensive employee relations experience
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset
- Adept at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus
Monarch Talent Solutions is a values-driven boutique recruitment firm specializing in direct hire accounting, finance, and human resources positions throughout the metro Houston, TX, area. Positions include, but are not limited to, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Director of Accounting, VP of Accounting, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Finance Manager, FP&A Manager, Treasurer, Senior Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Director of Human Resources, and Human Resources Manager.
Founded in 2020, Monarch Talent Solutions is committed to helping both clients and candidates with career opportunities by simply being relatable. Recruitment doesn’t need to be so transactional, and with our humanized approach and discipline, we are committed to redefining your recruitment experience with transparency, honesty, and integrity.
Stay current with the Houston job market, including career opportunities, market trends, job search tips, and more, by following Monarch on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monarch-talent-solutions-llc
At Monarch, we put humanity back into hiring.