A large, privately-owned construction company in North Houston is seeking a Recruiting Manager who will recruit for their Diesel & Automotive division to join their team full-time. This position is responsible for sourcing, pre-screening, and placement of prospective candidates for various service position levels (most of the positions will be for technicians). The ideal person will be results-orientated, have excellent communication skills, and be able to demonstrate multi-tasking abilities which are essential for this position. This position reports directly to the Director of Human Resources and will work alongside another Recruiting Manager. This position does require 25-30% domestic travel, as well. This is an onsite position when not traveling.
- Passive recruiting and sourcing daily
- Ensure the Company meets or exceeds strategic recruiting requirements.
- Maintain constant communication with the service management team to ensure open positions are being filled promptly.
- Schedule and implement in-house job fairs.
- Collaborate with the HR team and other departments to continually assess the effectiveness of recruiting tools and processes.
- Work with recruiting initiatives, including integrating assessment tools, employment branding, employee referral program, relocation, interview skills training, etc.
- Collaborate with managers to identify and develop key outreach sourcing initiatives to ensure a constant pipeline of talented and diverse applicants.
- Internal and external recruitment placement activities and relationship building with businesses, government and community service agencies, trade schools, colleges, high schools, employment agencies, and search firms.
- Source through the ATS system, Indeed, LinkedIn, and other job boards for viable candidates.
- Review job fit requirements with the hiring manager(s) and get a solid understanding of specific requirements and expectations of each job.
- Identify, organize, and participate in local trade school job fairs and recruiting events.
- Understand the hiring challenges in the external labor market and identify market-specific sourcing strategies.
- Employee retention beyond 90 days is critical to the success of this position and will be one of the measurements of effective hiring practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-oriented field preferred
- 4-5 years of recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in recruiting diesel and automotive technicians is strongly preferred
- Proven track record of sound decision-making, taking ownership, complex problem-solving, and delivering results
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to adapt well to an environment of fast-paced change while being able to prioritize strategically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Blue Collar or Skilled Trades Recruiting background preferred
Monarch Talent Solutions is a values-driven boutique recruitment firm specializing in direct hire accounting, finance, and human resources positions throughout the metro Houston, TX area. Positions include, but are not limited to, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Director of Accounting, VP of Accounting, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Finance Manager, FP&A Manager, Treasurer, Senior Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Director of Human Resources, and Human Resources Manager.
Founded in 2020, Monarch Talent Solutions is committed to helping both clients and candidates with career opportunities by simply being relatable. Recruitment doesn’t need to be so transactional and with our humanized approach and discipline, we are committed to redefining your recruitment experience with transparency, honesty, and integrity.
Stay current with the Houston job market including career opportunities, market trends, job search tips, and more by following Monarch on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monarch–talent–solutions–llc
At Monarch, we put humanity back into hiring.