A large international construction company headquartered in Downtown Dallas (75201) is seeking a Sr. Enterprise Risk Manager to join their team full-time. This individual will be responsible for supporting the central Enterprise Risk Team in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Group Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework, including all ‘fit-for-purpose’ processes, systems, and tools to support and upskill the US-based operations in their identification, assessment, response to, and monitoring of risk, and specifically it’s application across the Buildings, Civils and BB Investments US businesses.
This includes supporting SBUs and respective Divisions in implementing the framework across operational portfolios and supporting US Shared Services and Businesses in understanding their strategic risk profiles with appropriate reporting mechanisms. This position reports to the Group Head of Risk Management in the UK. This position works on a hybrid schedule.
- Support in developing, maintaining, and cascading practical Enterprise Risk Management standards and processes throughout the organization.
- Support assigned US-based SBUs and Divisions with implementing the ERM framework, processes, and tools and report on operational risk profiles.
- Development and targeted delivery of Risk Management training to upskill the US-based business.
- Engagement with the US Business Risk Champion community to inform and upskill on risk management practices and to validate future improvements.
- Support assigned US-based SBU, Divisions, and Shared Services to establish, maintain and continuously improve business risk management capabilities through strategic-level support.
- Attend and present at assigned SBU, Division ELT, or SLT forums on operational risk profiles.
- Support the integration of UK standardized risk reports into US reporting structures.
- Develop and implement new reporting and management information as required for SBUs, Divisions, and, where needed.
- Provision of support to Tenders, Projects, Divisions, and Shared Services on an ad hoc basis through the facilitation of risk workshops.
- Work closely with the US Internal Audit and teams to ensure compliance with required risk management processes and policies and identify best practices.
- Attendance to Strategic Risk Management Committee (SRMC) for BB Investments US business.
- Ensure Risk Management is a fundamental element of the culture, processes, and controls designed and implemented across the US Business Management Systems.
- Support in iterative development and maintenance of the ERM system alongside IT to meet business needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Seven to ten years of experience working in an Enterprise Risk Management role (Operational/ and or Strategic)
- An understanding of risk and control processes and application in medium to large organizations
- Ability to engage Senior management with good interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels of the business
- Build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholder communities
- Ability to work in a team environment on broader strategic initiatives as well as individual delivery of specific deliverables, achieving solutions sometimes under time pressure
- A team player willing to contribute to the development of the function
- A self-starter who can manage their own time and proactively seeks and executes activities that contribute to the development of the function
- Attention to detail and ability to see tasks through to completion
- Capability and experience in facilitation skills
- Competent delivery of reports – both orally and written
Monarch Talent Solutions is a values-driven boutique recruitment firm specializing in direct hire accounting, finance, and human resources positions throughout the metro Houston, TX, area. Positions include, but are not limited to, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Director of Accounting, VP of Accounting, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Finance Manager, FP&A Manager, Treasurer, Senior Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Director of Human Resources, and Human Resources Manager.
Founded in 2020, Monarch Talent Solutions is committed to helping clients and candidates with career opportunities by simply being relatable. Recruitment doesn’t need to be so transactional, and with our humanized approach and discipline, we are committed to redefining your recruitment experience with transparency, honesty, and integrity.
Stay current with the Houston job market, including career opportunities, market trends, job search tips, and more, by following Monarch on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monarch-talent-solutions-llc
At Monarch, we put humanity back into hiring.