A leading Oil & Gas company located in Downtown Houston is seeking an Accountant II to join their Tax Department full-time. In this role, the Accountant II will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Tax and work closely with Senior Tax Accountants, Supervisors, and Managers to ensure timely and accurate tax filings. This is a hybrid opportunity.
- Assist with timely and accurate filing of sales/use, FTA, gross receipts, environmental tax returns, and other reporting obligations as assigned
- Research tax laws and changes to ensure compliance with state and federal tax laws
- Assist with State and Local tax audits as requested and respond to internal and external requests as needed
- Familiarity with state tax authority audit conduct and procedures
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and responsible individual who takes ownership in all areas of work
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Auditing, or Finance required – Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of tax accounting experience, preferably with Multi-State Sales/Use tax reporting or equivalent general accounting experience
- Experience with Oracle and OneSource is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint)
Monarch Talent Solutions is a values-driven boutique recruitment firm specializing in direct hire accounting, finance, and human resources positions throughout the metro Houston, TX, area. Positions include, but are not limited to, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Director of Accounting, VP of Accounting, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Finance Manager, FP&A Manager, Treasurer, Senior Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Director of Human Resources, and Human Resources Manager.
Founded in 2020, Monarch Talent Solutions is committed to helping clients and candidates with career opportunities by simply being relatable. Recruitment doesn’t need to be so transactional, and with our humanized approach and discipline, we are committed to redefining your recruitment experience with transparency, honesty, and integrity.
Stay current with the Houston job market, including career opportunities, market trends, job search tips, and more, by following Monarch on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monarch-talent-solutions-llc
At Monarch, we put humanity back into hiring.