This position is a unique opportunity to gain exposure in a growing and dynamic E&P company. We seek a highly motivated and self‐directed individual to perform the duties of HR Generalist.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a well-rounded background in all aspects of HR, including employee relations, training and development, onboarding and offboarding, HR compliance and reporting, policy and procedures, reviewing payroll, acting as the liaison to the partnered PEO company, and other HR duties as assigned. The HR Generalist will contribute to the team, ensuring the organization complies with existing and updated laws.
This is a hybrid opportunity with Wednesday and Friday assigned as the WFH days. Periodic travel to the field office in Oklahoma is expected quarterly. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Coordinate hiring efforts with managers for final selection
- Oversee onboarding efforts and assist with new employee orientation
- Ensure all employment practices comply with federal, state, and local regulations
- Inform and update employees on company policies and procedures, both existing and new
- Maintain and update the company handbook
- Maintain employee records through a filing system that is compliant with applicable laws
- Review payroll for 140 employees on a monthly and semi-monthly basis (hourly and salaried)
- Serve as a point of contact for employee inquiries and resolving workplace issues effectively to maintain a positive work environment
- Advise management on appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Support the yearly performance review process and implement improvements as needed
- Assess training needs and coordinate learning and development initiatives for all employees
- Assist managers in the development of succession plans and employee promotion paths
- Participate in compensation management
- Assist with the termination process and collecting feedback for organizational improvement
- Work with G&A Partners, the company’s PEO, whenever needed to assist with HR-related inquiries and tasks
- Thorough understanding of HR policies, procedures, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Must have excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Exceptional interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work to maintain efficiency
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- HR certification (PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in an HR role with exposure to all major HR functions
- Oil & Gas industry experience is preferred
- Payroll experience is highly desired
Monarch Talent Solutions is a values-driven boutique recruitment firm specializing in direct hire accounting, finance, and human resources positions throughout the metro Houston, TX, area. Positions include, but are not limited to, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Director of Accounting, VP of Accounting, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Finance Manager, FP&A Manager, Treasurer, Senior Accountant, Senior Financial Analyst, Director of Human Resources, and Human Resources Manager.
Founded in 2020, Monarch Talent Solutions is committed to helping clients and candidates with career opportunities by simply being relatable. Recruitment doesn’t need to be so transactional, and with our humanized approach and discipline, we are committed to redefining your recruitment experience with transparency, honesty, and integrity.
Stay current with the Houston job market, including career opportunities, market trends, job search tips, and more, by following Monarch on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/monarch-talent-solutions-llc
At Monarch, we put humanity back into hiring.